The heritage of the Lenovo ThinkPad E595 stems back 30 years but this is one of the best 15.6″ laptops you can buy. Robust with lots of potential to upgrade, and readily available parts. A fantastic typing experience and a phenomenal trackpad. It’s a real “consumer” machine.
The first think you’ll notice about the E595 is its iconic appearance. Technical and boxy, every business man (and woman) from 90s to the 2000s carried one of these around in their briefcase. It’s pleasing to the eye if not comfortably familiar. It’s said to have been modeled after a Japanese Bento Box.
It will be reliable, we have seen versions of this laptop as old as 10 years still hammering away.
- 15.6-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS 250nits Anti-glare Non-touch
- Integrated AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics
- AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Quad-Core Processor
- 8GB 2400 MHz DDR4 Ram,
- 256GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD
- 1 x USB Type-A (USB 2.0)
- 2 x USB Type-A (USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 1)
- 1 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 2 (Supports DisplayPort and Power Delivery)
- 1 x HDMI
- 1 x microSD card slot
- Headphone & Microphone Audio Jack
- Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac)
- Windows 10 Pro
Who’s it for?
Anyone needing a reliable computer. They come in all shapes, sizes, and weights, it’s a wonder why Lenovo makes any other computer. Offices, non-profits, accountants.
Who’s it not for?
This particular version is not tailored to heavy gamers. It’s a productivity machine, not a gaming rig.